SPINDALE (Jan. 13, 2020) – The Practical Nursing program at Isothermal Community College has a 98.6 percent average pass rate for the last three years—2017, 2018, 2019.
The PN program continues to provide Rutherford County and surrounding areas with qualified nurses. This program has been a vital part of the ICC family since 1972.
Nurses are considered to be one of the top-most respected professions across the country. Men and women who work as licensed practical nurses (LPNs) obtain positions in hospitals, physician’s offices, long-term care facilities, rehabilitation facilities, or home settings. The average salary for an LPN in North Carolina is over $40,000 annually. Some of the duties of an LPN include:
- Maintaining client records
- Wound changes
- Working in collaboration with physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and other professionals
- Assisting with various client testing and procedures
- Caring for clients of all ages including pediatric and geriatric
- Operate and manage various types of medical equipment
- Provide a variety of medications
With a growing population, more nurses will be needed. Nursing is an intense profession and demands qualities such as caring, respect, and skill. The ability to communicate with a diverse group of other professionals as well as clients, patients, families, and caregivers is critical to this career choice. If you have ever thought about becoming an LPN, consider ICC for your education. Some important dates for registration for the PN and other programs include:
- January 17, 2020—Associate Degree (RN) program
- March 25, 2020—Practical Nursing Diploma program
- May 26, 2020—Dental Assisting program
Anyone interested in entering one of these programs must attend an Information Meeting for Nursing and Dental Assisting with Advising & Success Center. These are held in the Student Center Building, Testing Room #9 at Isothermal’s Spindale campus. These dates and times include: January 16, 10 a.m., February 13, 6 p.m. and March 5, 10:00 a.m. Please contact Tina Porter, the Pre-Health Sciences Nursing Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-395-1621 OR Stephanie Denison, Director of Practical Nursing Education, at email@example.com or 828-395-1762.