* WHAT…Very cold wind chills expected. Wind chills as low as 10
below zero expected. Black ice may contribute to slippery road
conditions as temperatures fall quickly below freezing today.
Northwest winds may gust above 50 mph at times.
* WHERE…Buncombe, Northern Jackson, Caldwell Mountains, Burke
Mountains and McDowell Mountains.
* WHEN…From 4 PM this afternoon to 10 AM EST Monday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…The cold wind chills could result in
hypothermia if precautions are not taken. Plan on very slippery
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frostbite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
HIGH WIND WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM THIS MORNING TO 7 AM EST MONDAY…
* LOCATIONS…The North Carolina Blue Ridge mountain area, from
Henderson County northward to Avery and western Caldwell
* HAZARDS…Strong to damaging winds.
* TIMING…Northwest winds will increase rapidly by daybreak
today. The strongest winds are expected from shortly after
sunrise through the afternoon hours. Winds will diminish very
* WINDS…Northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* IMPACTS…Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines.
Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.