HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING…
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued a High Wind Watch, which is in effect from Thursday evening through Saturday morning.
* LOCATIONS…Mountains and Foothills of North Carolina including the Northern Escarpment of Upstate South Carolina and extreme Northeast Georgia.
* HAZARDS…Strong to damaging winds.
* TIMING…Beginning Thursday night and continuing into Saturday morning.
* WINDS…Northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* IMPACTS…Numerous downed trees and power outages likely. Minor structural damage possible. Travel could be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
A High Wind Watch means there is the potential for a hazardous high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph…or gusts of 58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.